Man Kidnapped in Marrakech, 4 Suspects Arrested in Violent Crime

Marrakech has once again been the scene of a violent incident. For a story of settling scores, four individuals, on board a light vehicle, kidnapped, on Sunday, June 30, 2019, a man, as he was getting out of his car, near his home, before seizing the vehicle, according to a statement from the General Directorate of National Security (DGSN).
After their act, three of the kidnappers were located on board the stolen vehicle, in the Lalla Takerkoust region, outside the urban perimeter, by the Marrakech police, who, in the meantime, had been alerted by the victim’s wife, the DGSN said. Later, the fourth suspect was, in turn, apprehended "on board a rental car used in the kidnapping operation," the statement said.
According to the results of the investigation, provided by the DGSN, this act, worthy of gangsterism, would be the consequence of a settling of scores. Indeed, the same source mentions, on this subject, "fraud cases between the kidnappers and their victim." The latter turns out to be "a repeat offender in cases of fraud, forgery and use of forgery."
The DGSN confirms that "the four persons involved, aged between 25 and 27, were taken into custody at the disposal of the investigation, for kidnapping and sequestration with violence." In addition, "the victim has also been subjected to a judicial investigation, to determine the nature of the criminal acts attributed to him," the same statement adds.
Related Articles
-
Activist Sion Assidon Found Unconscious: Mystery Surrounds Disappearance and Garden Incident
20 August 2025
-
Pro-Palestinian MEP Sparks Outrage with Controversial Morocco Map Campaign
20 August 2025
-
Marrakech Fast-Food Brawl: Security Guard Injured as Police Arrest Moroccan Expatriates
20 August 2025
-
EU-Morocco Visa Breakthrough: France Leads as 606,000 Moroccans Granted Entry
20 August 2025
-
Morocco Shakes Up Urban Transport: Alsa’s Dominance Challenged as Government Seeks Modernization
20 August 2025